• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod11
    replied
    re: Please help

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out to us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out for help. From what you shared, it sounds like you are going through a pretty difficult situation and we want you to know that we are here to listen and to help you in the best way we can.

We want to start off by letting you know that we are not legal experts here, but we can speak in general terms about your situation. In most states, you are still considered a minor, meaning that if you were to leave home without your parents’ consent, your parents do have the right to make a runaway report. Typically, if you were found, you would be forced to return home. As we mentioned earlier, we are not legal experts here, but if you would like to talk to someone about your situation with a more legal aspect, you are always able to reach out to your local police department and ask some general questions. Another option you might want to consider is reaching out to a legal aid and speaking to someone about what your options might be, if you were to give us a call, we would be more than happy to provide you with a resource for a legal aid or call out to your local police department with you.

Talking to your parents and getting their consent is an option you might have. Maybe, thinking through how you can reach out to your parents is another option you have. If these are options you think you would like to talk a little more about or brainstorm with us, please feel free to give us a call, we would love to talk through some more options with you, and we are always here to listen and to help you.

We hope you find our answer helpful, and we were able to give you a couple more topics to brainstorm about. If you have any further questions feel free to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) we are available 24/7 to help. We also have a live chat service which is available from 4:30 PM to 11:30 PM CST. We wish you the best of luck in whatever it is you decide to do and hope to hear from you soon.

Good luck to you,

NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod11; 07-01-2015, 06:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Please help

Please help

i have just turned 16 I live with my mum and dad. they haven't let me sleep over at my boyfriends house and said I have to wait until I'm 16 and now that I am they're still saying I'm not allowed. I've waited since I have been 14 and it breaks my heart since I've waited so long. is there some sort of law saying I'm allowed to go without their permission? Not even live there, just sleep?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X