I want to run away, but I'm only 12

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to run away, but I'm only 12

Because of my farthers work, I have to move to a new country EVERY TWO YEARS! I just can't take it anymore, making friends is hard enough, adjusting to a new school an' all. And at the moment, I live in the worst possible place on the planet! They mistreat woman and NOBODY there is Christian. I want to run away, where I am now, I am on vacation in my home town in South Africa, but I have alot to worry about. I had a brother who died before I was born, and it made my parents devastated, until I was born, so they always call me their 'saving grace'. I don't know anymore. I have already gone through depression, and I have told my parents about the hole 'moving thing' but they tell me there is nothing they can do.

I am sick and tired, and slowly inching my way back into depression.
    I need help.

I want to run away, but I'm only 12

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.
    It sounds like you are feeling very frustrated with your lifestyle. Its okay, you have a right to your own feelings. It’s good that you are reaching out to express those feelings.
    We can only imagine how difficult it must be to be uprooted relocate and then try to make new friends.
    All with the prospects of having to do it again in a couple of years. No one should expect that to be easy.

It seems there have been some other difficult times as well.
    We are sorry to hear that your family suffered through the loss of a loved one.
    Being designated someone’s saving grace sounds like a beautiful acknowledgement but at the same time it sounds like it carries a lot of weight on your shoulders. Is that how you feel sometimes?
    Moving around as much as you have would probably difficult for many.
    It takes strength and courage to face these types of challenges and indications are you have exhibited these two things in order to survive emotionally. Good for you.

It sounds like you have had some issues with depression in the past. How have you been taking care of your emotions?
    There are some methods or options to be considered for stressful times and situations.
    Do you have hobbies or other interests that help you to cope with day to day life?
    Some might look to take on an interest of activities or look for supportive services like counseling.
    Running away is an option but it may be one option in many.

What NRS wants to do is give you an open forum to explore those options and maybe begin to formulate a positive plan of action. You have been very proactive in reaching out tonight. Good for you.
    If you would like to continue to work on the issues at hand you are welcome to visit www.1800Runaway.org where you can live chat with someone and express how you are feeling.
    How does that sound?

We hope that you can reflect on some positive things that may have come from your experiences.
    Things like friend’s places you have been over the years. You probably have quite a few stories of intrigue to tell.
    NRS is here to listen.
    We hope writing us has made you feel better and we appreciate you reaching out to NRS.
    Be well and take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

im 12 and i wanna run away

when im at home i do 1 little thing and i get in trouble.I get hit and im sick and tired.I cry every night because of this.I just like it.

Comment

Re: im 12 and i wanna run away

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have been going through a lot lately and we are sorry to hear about all of this. We’re here to help as much as we can.

So you shared that you get hit and you are sick and tired of this. That is completely understandable, you do not deserve to hit by anybody. You deserve to feel safe in your own home, and you have the right to report the abuse that has been happening. If you decide that you want to do this, you can call Child Help USA at (800) 422 4453 and they can talk about what abuse looks like and help you make that report, or you can call us at 1800runaway any time and we can either make that report with you or on your behalf.

There is always someone here to talk with you and support you. It sounds like things at home have been really taking a toll on you and we are sorry that you have been having to go through this. You are not alone, we’re here to talk with you and listen. Please do not hesitate to call us, or if you prefer to talk online our chat is open during the evenings. There is also another resource that may be helpful to you, teenlineonline.org, where you can talk to other teens that may be going through similar situations.

Hope to talk with you again soon,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Re: I want to run away, but I'm only 12

I want too run away. I'm done of all the lies they always blame me. They is my cousins there mother. They keep lieing,my mom told me to ingore them but I can't they keep hurting my feelings. I'm sick and tired of them. I try to defend myself tell a adult but they don't believe me no one does. my family hates me I keep saying that everyday I'm tired of it. I always do a fake smile. Everyone thinks I'm happy. They don't even care about me They think I'm crazy that I overreacted the small things. LIES!!!
          .... I want run away.....

Comment

Re: I want to run away, but I'm only 12

Hi,
            We are so glad you reached out to us; we are also very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this hard time. It sounds like you feel frustrated and alone. We want you to know that you are never alone; we are here to listen and to help you.

It is understandable that you want to run away. We do wonder if your situation could improve, though. You mentioned that everyone thinks that you are happy; it is very strong of you to carry all of this while smiling. It is also good to hear that your mom is at least partially understanding of how you are being treated. We wonder if it would be possible to ask your mom for help in discussing the way you feel with your cousins and their mom. If you would like, we could also help you prepare for such a conversation. If you call or chat us, we can go through some of the ways that conversation could go. We are here to support you no matter what you decide to do.

You do state you are ready to run away, and we certainly want to support you if you decide to follow through with that so that you can be as safe as possible.
            Here are some things to consider:
            Do I have a place to stay?
            What about school? Would I continue to get an education?
            Am I going to be gone awhile or coming back in a few days?
            What would I do for money? Shelter? Food? Transportation?
            Who can I depend on if I leave home?

Again, if you call or chat us, we can help you sort through some of your thoughts on your plan and options. You deserve to be taken seriously and to be respected. We are here to listen and help.
            Be Well. Stay Strong.
            NRS

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x
            Working...
            X