No announcement yet.

Pregnant girl 17 texas

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pregnant girl 17 texas

    I just found out I'm pregnant with my boyfriend kid. I was planning to run away with him for a while now and then we figure out I'm pregnant. If I go live with him and the cops find me can they still take me back home? I mean it's his kid and we're gonna get married soon. My parents don't know about him. I don't get any freedom, it's really stressful, I get into arguments with them and I want to leave but now I'm pregnant and my parents are against that. I just need advice through this situation please.... he's 18, again I'm 17

  • #2

    Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline and sharing with us some of what has been going on. We are so sorry to hear that you do not get any freedom at home and that you guys argue a majority of the time. As you mentioned, it sounds like a very stressful situation. Plus being pregnant, we can imagine that you would want to go somewhere where you feel supported and appreciated.

    You asked some really great questions and it sounds like you are thinking about what is best for you. We are not here to give you advice on what you should do, you are the expert in your own life and the only one that can the decision best for yourself. It sounds like you are trying to figure it all out and asking good questions.

    We are not legal experts, but we can speak in general terms on what could happen if you decided to leave without parental permission. Generally you are an adult at the age of 18. If you were to leave home before then, you parents would have the option of filing a runaway report with the police. Running away is a status offense not a criminal offense. This means that you cannot leave because of your age, not because it is illegal. If you were found then the officers would just bring you back home. However, anyone that you decide to stay with, including your bf, could be charged with harboring a runaway. This can go for friends, family, and even shelters. They all need parental consent for you to stay there. However you also mentioned that your parents do not know him. This could potentially be beneficial in that your parents would not know where you are meaning they could not make the police aware of your whereabouts.

    It sounds like you and your boyfriend really care about each other and want to start a family. Congratulations on finding that person to support you during all of this. Again we are not legal experts, but generally being pregnant does not qualify you as an adult. This means that even though you are pregnant you still have to follow your parent’s instructions. However, you did mentioned that you are 17. 17 can be a tricky age and it really depends on your local police department on how they will respond to a 17 year old that is pregnant that does not want to return home. You can either call your local police and ask them (without given identifying information) or you can call us and we can make that call out to you.

    Because you mentioned that you are pregnant, we would like to offer a resource that might be helpful in getting those direct legal answers or pointing you in the direction that can. Planned Parenthood at 1800-230-7526 is place that you can call and they can help get you the services you need, this could include vitamins for the baby and as previously mentioned legal aid.

    We hoped this helped and if you would like to discuss your situation in greater detail you can always give us a call on our hotline or chat with us on our website. We look forward to hearing from you and we wish you the best of luck.

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove