No announcement yet.

parental issues?

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • parental issues?

    I'm wanting to either run away or leave home one way or another. I'm 17, 18 in August, my mother has been charging me rent for living with her since I was 16, she won't let me leave home, cut my hair or anything so I've got some major dysphoria and depression. Could she legally pursue me with police if I left home in the middle of the night? Many friends of mine have said that they would let me live with them for as long as I need to, and so has my boyfriend. I honestly don't think I could take it any more, would the police get involved if i am over the legal age to leave home in the UK?

  • #2
    RE: parental issues?


    Thanks for reaching out to us for help. It sounds like you are in a tough situation, and it is understandable that you are thinking about leaving. We are sorry to hear that you are suffering with depression and dysphoria. Living with depression is very difficult, and it takes a lot of strength and courage to meet each day. We are here to help however we can. However, our organization is in the United States, so we do not have any resources or knowledge of the laws in the UK. One way to find resources and helplines located in your country is by going to http://www.childhelplineinternationa...where-we-work/ and clicking on the map. Hopefully one of these helplines will be able to assist you with what you need. We are glad that you reached out to us.

    Best of luck,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove