No announcement yet.

18 trying to move to the UK

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 18 trying to move to the UK

    I just turned 18 yesterday and i’m Trying to move to the UK and my mom won’t give me my passport, birth certificate, or social security number. I don’t know what to do I just need some advice on somethings that I could do.

  • #2
    Hello, thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It is great that you are thinking about your future and how to obtain your goals. You mentioned that you do not have access to your documentation, one thing that you could try is talking to your mother to find out why she is not willing to give you your paperwork. I could be because she is concerned about you and this is her way of protesting. Another thought is, if you do not wish to deal with your mother you could try contacting your local department of vital records. They might be able to help you know what information you need to collect your documentation
    We hope this information helps and if you need anything else please give us a call and one of our trained liners will be more than happy to help you. 1-800-786-2929
    Best wishes,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp