13, Idaho, live with emotionally abusive mom, going to be kicked out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13, Idaho, live with emotionally abusive mom, going to be kicked out

Here's the short version: Used to live with my physically abusive grandmother. Now she's gone, called cps on her a few times, then she packed up her ******** and left. Mom came back from wherever the frick she was traveling and now lives with us, but she's emotionally abusive and neglectful. Out of the frying pan, into the fire, haha i hate my life. Mom noticed that my brother (I take care of him and I'll miss him a lot if I have to go ) was recording her verbal assaults on me, so she took all of our connections to the outside world (how are you talking here??? i'll get into that next time... on 60 minutes jk I'll cover it in a few sentences hold on bb) and told me to pack up my bags, but not before repeatedly threatening to call the police on us for slander (I doubt she knows what that word means...). She chased us around the house for a while, during which time I tried to comfort my brother. She kept calling him abusive, telling him he was a terrible person and all that. She really made him miserable. After all of that stuff, I grabbed a magical internet connector that I had been hiding (a broken old iPad) and tried to ask people what to do. However, the screen was hecced up and kept clicking randomly. A few minutes went by, and then she just gave my stuff back??? She says next time I say anything negative or my brother does, I'm kicked out for good. I'm considering calling CPS but I don't think they'll do anything. What do I do when I get kicked out? What else do I need to put in my bag? I already have 2 leathermans, my passport, money, a school ID, a county map, some food, and handwarmers, plus a pencil, To Kill a Mockingbird, and a journal. My birth certificate and social security cards are with the wicked witch of the West over there, who won't let me see them. Any tips on this? I'm really freaking out haha

Hi there,

Thanks so much for writing in. It sounds like you’re in a scary situation with your mom and we want you to know that you absolutely never deserve to be treated this way. You deserve to be loved and cherished, especially by the person who is supposed to care for you.

It sounds like your mother is very emotionally/verbally abusive towards your brother and yourself. You’re being very brave standing up to her and protecting your brother. We wanted to let you know that it’s against the law for your mom to kick you out, which is considered neglect. You mentioned that you’ve encountered CPS before with your grandmother. You might consider reaching out to the National Child Abuse Hotline; this hotline can help talk you through the process of reporting your mother’s abuse and what that might look like. Their number is 1-800-422-4453. If you’re uncomfortable with that, you might consider reaching out to a teacher, guidance counselor, or even someone at a religious center. Any one of those people would be considered “mandated reporters,” meaning that they are legally required to file an abuse report if they hear anything about abuse. We at NRS, are also able to make a child abuse report with you, if you’re able to call into our safeline. If you don’t have a way of calling us at home, maybe you can use someone’s phone at school or a friend’s phone?

Your safety is very important to us. If you decide that leaving home is the best option for you, we have a database of runaway/youth shelters. We’d be more than happy to find one in your area so you have a safe place to sleep.

Again, thank you for reaching out to us via our forum. We’re here to help you during this scary time, you’re not alone in this. Our safeline is open 24/7, so we will be here when you need us.
    Stay Strong, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X