Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOVING AT ALMOST 18 IN CALIFORNIA!!!!!!! please help!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOVING AT ALMOST 18 IN CALIFORNIA!!!!!!! please help!!

Living in California. Running away at 17, 4 weeks til turning 18. Life's pretty hard and depressing at home. Been dealing with it for long enough now, and realized talking about it did nothing but make it worse. But I have a safe place to go, and will attend the school i once attended before being moved in to live with other family members. Where i will be going back to is where my parents live. If they show up and make me go back with them do I have to go. Will the police force me to go back home.

Thank you for reaching out to us at National Runaway Safeline. We are very sorry to hear that you are having a hard time at home. Y We are not legal experts so we cannot say for sure what would happen if you decided to leave home. From what we know, 18 is the legal age in which you could leave home without your parents consent. If you leave home before then, they do have the right to file a runaway report with the police. With a runaway report, if the police find you they would return you home. However, since you are so close to being 18, the police may not accept a runaway report from your parents. One way you could find out for sure would be to contact your local police through their non-emergency number. If you don't feel comfortable contacting the police, we could call them for you. If you would like us to contact the police on your behalf or you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X