13 want to live with friend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 want to live with friend

Hi im 13 going 14 I wanted to know if there is any legal way of living with my friend I can’t deal with my mom and I have no father what can I do ? What’s the most legal way of me being able to get away from my mom for a couple of months

Hello there! Please see our response to the similar post you made today:

"Hi, thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like living with your mom has been wearing on you. We can provide some information on running away that may help answer these questions.

As a minor, you are required to live with your parents. If you do leave home to go live with your friend, you could be considered a run away. Running away is not illegal, it is a status offense. This means that if your mom filed a runaway report with the police, they could bring you back home. There is also the potential that your friend’s parents could be charged with harboring a runaway for allowing you to live with them. The only way for you to stay with your friend legally would be if your mom gave you permission to live with them. Any form of written permission would help you and your friend’s parents not get in trouble for taking you in.

If you do not think running away is a good option for you after hearing about some of these laws, you may want to think about how to make living with your mom less stressful. Some people find therapy or talking with a school counselor helpful. Other people find working a part time job or participating in an after school activity helpful because they do not spend as much time at home. If you wanted to talk about some of these options further, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Good luck, and thank you again for contacting us!"

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X