Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need out

I need out. I’m 17 and I don’t think I can continue living at home, I’m a transgender guy and I’ve known for a long time, my parents are quite religious they are aware but refuse to acknowledge it and have asked me to hide it. I am out a lot but I need to be out fully.
    It’s becoming severely detrimental to my mental health, to the point that I can’t hold it together any longer and need out. I know if I don’t get out soon. Sooner than when I turn eighteen in five months, it will have devastating consequences. I don’t know what to do. I can’t talk to my parents, it’s really not an option.
    ive tried explaining to my mom how bad lying is about being trans. How holding myself is breaking me. But i can’t fully explain. It’s not even about disappointing her I’m terrified she’ll cut me off from school, my phone, the only things keeping me alive anymore.

Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We are very sorry to hear that your parents aren't supportive of you. You deserve to be treated with respect regardless of your gender identity. Talking to someone could help. Trans Lifeline (1-877-565-8860) is a hotline for transgender youth. It sounds like you really want to leave home as soon as possible. Since you are a minor, if you leave home without your parents permission they have the right to file a runaway report on you. With a runaway report, if the police find you they would return you home. However, some police do not accept runaway reports for 17 year old's. You could contact your local police department to ask if they accept runaway reports for 17 years old's. Another option you may want to consider would be to ask your parents if they would allow you to stay with another family member or close friend. If you decide to leave home and stay with a friend, they could get in trouble for harboring a runaway. If you have any other questions or just need to talk, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X