Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to runaway but am too young

I have had depression now and not been able to talk to my parents.Rumors are being spred about me what is not just affecting but other people aswell.For the last year I have been feeling like killing myself.I am peer pressured and dont know what to do.

re: I want to runaway but am too young

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out today and sharing a bit of your story with us. It sounds like you are going through so much right now. It can be really exhausting to deal with depression and then being pressured about other things can make it even more difficult. It’s not easy to deal with these things on our own, so it’s great that you decide to reach out to us. That’s smart and incredibly brave. Let’s see how we can support you through this.

It sounds like a frustrating time for you right now. Feeling depressed and feeling like you want to kill yourself can be pretty serious feelings to have. And you deserve to be supported through those feelings. Reaching out to people around you who you trust might be a good next step. It can be difficult to get support if you aren’t able to share with people how you feel. Sometimes it can be risky to find someone who can give you what you’re looking for and it can be a good way to make it through this. Who do you feel like you might be able to talk with about this? Can you think of a friend or family member or neighbor who can listen to you? Reaching out to someone in your life might be a good next step (it’s impressive that you’ve reached out to us! It sounds like you’re able to do it again.).

There is also another hotline that might be good for you too. It’s called the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-8255. They are a good organization that has a lot of experience talking with people who are feeling like you might be feeling. If calling isn’t your thing, you can chat with them through their website (www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org) from 2pm-2am eastern time.
    We are also here to support you in any way that we can. Please know that we are here 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). If you aren’t able to call, you can chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm central time.

We look forward to your call or chat.

Best of luck to you through this.

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X