My mom kicked me out ... I’m 15

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom kicked me out ... I’m 15

Hi I am 15 , my mom has a mental problem and so now i have depression and my mom would let me see any doctors for my infections or get medicine for depression ,, I wasn’t allowed to go outside at all for 2month except to a horrible private school—about a month and a half ago my mom called the police on me to come home from infront my friends apartment and then kicked me out after the police left ,, she wanted to give me over to my other sister in Tampa legally but my sister is too busy—- she made my drug-addict father take me—- he wanted to take me to a hotel where me and him could sleep but I was scared what would happen because he had just gotten out of jail and has a history:: so I stayed with him at my aunts house for a night then he took me to my sisters house where I am now;;; but my sisters husband doesn’t really want me here and I don’t really want to be here because I am alone so much ... when I lived with my mom i almost tried to kill myself but i thought of my friend and how I’d never see her again so I didn’t... i want to live with her because she has 4 siblings and both parents and it’s very nice there’’’ they treat me better than anyone else has and won’t wver be alone unless I want to,,, they are very nice ppl and I’ve known them for along time ... my mom doesn’t like them anymore because they aren’t “ as Christian as she is” ... she eventually wants me to come back but i don’t want to die or become more depressed,,,, Can my friends parents adopt me legally ??

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear about how your family has been treating you. You deserve to live a safe place, where you feel wanted. You mentioned that you thought about suicide when you were living with your mom. Your life matters, and you are not alone. Talking to someone about what you have been going through may help. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) is a safe place to express how you feel. We are not legal experts so we cannot say for sure whether or not your friend's parents can adopt you. However, if they are interested in adopting you, you could talk to them and they could seek legal aid to gain custody of you. If you would like information on how to transfer custody, you could contact Child Help (1-800-422-4453). We hope that this information helps, if you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.
    Last edited by ccsmod2; 12-08-2017, 12:59 AM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

My stepmom kicked me out at 2Am when I was 15 and later on in the night she came back. I guess to avoid any legal issues. She still threatens to do it again and is very aggressive when she deals with me. I’m not sure what to do, I have siblings and I don’t want them to be affected so I keep quiet. my Grandpa and older sister lives near but I’m scared if it becomes a known problem they wouldn’t be able to have the power to take me in.

Comment

• ccsmod9
        ccsmod9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
        Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
        If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
        We hope to hear from you soon.
        Be safe,
        NRS

me and my parents are always arguing and they dont want me to live in there home so i'm stuck on where i should go and what i should do im 15 years old. thing like this happen a lot but they never came to a point where i actually want to leave. i'm not sure what i'm feeling anymore at this point. i live with my mom and dad and we never get along anymore like we used to. i dont feel as if i should live here i just need somewhere to go.

Comment

• ccsmod3
        ccsmod3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
        Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
        If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
        We hope to hear from you soon.
        Be safe, NRS

Hi I am currently 15. My mother is very passive aggressive and have bad anger problems. She tends to threaten me about taking my life since I’m “disrespectful.” In all honestly I’m not disrespectful at all! I do everything I’m told and I have to watch my brothers, sister, and niece everyday. It’s very stressful because I also have to clean up everything. I’m very grateful for things I have and people I’ve met. So I’ve been really distance from my mother ever since she told me I couldn’t talk to someone anymore and I have no one else to talk to. That someone was very extremely important to me. Basically every time I’m happy my moms mad I don’t know why and she’s always happy when I’m sad and usually when I’m trying to build myself back up she just threatens to hurt me. I’ve thought about running away but I can’t because of my brother and sisters. I just don’t know what to do anymore. That someone other family treated me so nice and amazing and said I was apart of her family already I’m thinking about getting emancipated at 16 but I’m scared and I don’t know if I’ll even make it .

Comment

• ccsmod13
        ccsmod13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write us here at NRS and we appreciate you sharing a bit about your situation. From what you shared, it sounds like things at home have been incredibly overwhelming lately. Having to care for your siblings and do most of the cleaning is a lot of responsibility to have put on you and it certainly is exhausting. It is not okay or fair for your mom to do this or for her to threaten you. You deserve to be treated with respect and to feel loved. It's understandable to want to get away from all of this and live somewhere you do feel cared for. Your mom's actions and words are not a reflection of you and do not change that you deserve to feel supported.

Having a support system during difficult times is very important so that you can be reminded you are not alone with this and there are people who care and want to help. A helpful start could be to continue to reach out to friends, family members, teachers, counselors, or religious leaders to help you build this support network. Sometimes just having a safe space to talk through things can help you brainstorm ideas you hadn't thought of previously.

We truly want to be a support for you during this difficult time and help you discover your possible options. If you want to talk more in detail, you can contact us directly by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or through our live chat services at 1800runaway.org.

Stay strong,
        NRS

I’m 15 my mom has been taking her anger out on me because of her “boyfriend” and has been trying to get me to live with other people and doesn’t want me at home so I left last night around 12:30am and had to spend the night with my friend but had to leave because I couldn’t stay there I called my mom and asked her to come get me but she’s mad and wouldn’t come get me when I asked multiple times then when I hung up and told her I’d have to report her to the cops to get help she said that she asked for the address and I hung up and she’s having coworkers vouch for her I’m scared to even call the cops cause she twist the story and makes me look like the bad guy and cry’s to the cops and plays victim and I end up getting arrested for being a runaway please help I’m so lost rn I can’t keep living like this there’s so much more to the story and I just wanna give up on living.

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We understand that you are in a really tough situation at home, and we want to help. You are brave to have contacted us.
        It sounds like things at home with your Mom and her boyfriend have been hard for a while, and that your Mom is not treating you with the respect you deserve. It is important you know that no young person deserves for their parent to make them unwelcome in their own home. It must feel hurtful and lonely. It sounds like you ran away to alleviate some of that hurt, and this is okay. It may help to know that a young person can never be arrested just for running away; it is only a status offense, like smoking a cigarette is, and police will only ever be able to bring you back to the place from which you ran away, not punish you legally. It sounds like you do not know where to turn to gain support in this moment. You may consider utilizing your friend’s parents as a resource right now, someone you trust that can perhaps speak to Mom on your behalf. If there are other trusted adults in your life, you can reach out to them at this moment. They may be able to talk to Mom, too, or even offer you housing temporarily. If you want help finding a place to stay, call us. We are always available at 1-800-RUN-AWAY or via instant message at 1800runway.org.
        Moments like this can be very defeating, and without the care and support of family, you must feel helpless and frustrated. Sometimes this can lead to the feeling of not wanting to live anymore. We are here to tell you that it’s okay to feel this way, and that we are here to support you through that. You can always call us just to talk. If things get dark, and you are thinking about killing yourself, we encourage you to reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. There are always people there to help. You are not alone in your toughest moments.
        It sounds like your story is big and full of hardship, and it takes a lot of strength and courage to persist through this. You are doing a really good job so far, and you have taken a hugely important step today by reaching out to us. If you feel like you need more information, resources, or just support, we are here 24/7. We wish you the best of luck on your journey.
        Sincerely,
        NRS

Hi my mom is kicking me out and I'm 15 which I don't really care. I don't really have a place to go to which is my biggest concern, like I don't have any family to go to and I don't want to be a burden to my mates. I could try make ends meet with her but it's just not going to work and I don't want to leave with her and the rest of my family anyways because I don't enjoy it and it's stressful and my mum said it herself that 'I am a traumatized kid' and she said it's sad that we had a traumatizing childhood. And I believe they, my family are the reason I am now diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I just need advice on what to do when I'm all by myself in the streets and the fact that I still have to go to school. Thanks

Comment

• ccsmod3
        ccsmod3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
        While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
        We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
        Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
        If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
        Be safe,
        NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X