Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for a 19 year old in life

Hi there, I'm 19 going on 20 this June. Life is okay considering mental issues (depression and anxiety) and not so great parents. I have college plans but no way to execute them. My mental issues are docile away from home and have made me realize that leaving home is my only option in life. The problem is I have no idea what and how to do it. Currently, I am a recent high school graduate with no job experience (my only experience in life at all is really my self-taught art) and no money. Due to my parents, I have to scrap any idea of having them help me because having them as a life support connections allow control of my life which I can't allow after their actions and attitudes nearly putting me over the edge with depression. I know it'll be harder without them as help but it's a necessity. If anyone can give me any kind of advice and help I would be grateful. Whatever can help me get my life on the right path, I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 12-06-2017, 01:46 AM.

Reply: Help for a 19 year old in life

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

We appreciate you sharing a part of your story.
    It sounds like you are in the midst of trying to figure out the next step towards your future.
    Sometimes things might feel a bit overwhelming and it’s difficult to know which way to turn.
    We understand and we want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this tough time.

We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and discuss some options, NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org.

Again tell us what it is you would like us to help you with and we will be happy to explore some options with you.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm currently going to use chat.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
      x
      x
      Working...
      X