Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15, pregnant

I live in an abusive home to begin with. My fwb and I had sex not too long ago and I found out I'm pregnant, My mother told me ever since I got my period that if I got pregnant she'd kill me and the baby. The baby's father told me I could go stay with him until I have the baby and drop out of school until then. He's 18 and has a job to support the both of us. I don't know what to do

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Safeline. We're here 24/7 to listen to to support.

It sounds like you are in a really hard situation. No matter what, you deserve to be supported. One resource you can reach out to is Planned Parenthood at 1-800-230-7526 or plannedparenthood.org to discuss you options and what to do moving forward. They are able to be confidential and generally have options that are low cost if you are nervous and don't want to use your parent's insurance or don't want them to find out.

We are not legal experts, but generally speaking, if you run away and because you are still a minor, you could be returned home by the police. There could also be consequences for your boyfriend or the person you stay with for what is called harboring a minor. Do you have a family member or other adult that you think could help advocate for you with your mom? Is there a counselor or someone else at school that you trust that could help you decide what to do nest? We are also here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need support. We also have a conference call service where a liner can mediate a conversation with you and your mom. Let us know if that is something you would be interested in. You can also get information about child abuse reporting and help from the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453 or childhelp.org. You deserve to feel safe at home.

Let us know how we can best help,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X