No announcement yet.

17 yr old ward of the state runaway from Foster Care

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 17 yr old ward of the state runaway from Foster Care

    I'm 17 years old a ward of the state I just ran away from Foster Care because I was not being treated properly across state lines to be with my mother who is a wonderful woman however she was convicted of child endangerment 17 years ago can I stay with my mother and how do I complete High School

  • #2

    Reply: 17 yr old ward of the state runaway from Foster Care

    Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

    In most states 18 is the legal age of adulthood where one would be considered independent.
    It sounds like you are a ward of the state which means if they were to file a runaway report and you were picked up most likely you would be returned to states custody.
    In regards to completing high school you might consider contacting the states board of education for information about getting your high school diploma.

    NRS is here to help and here to listen. We have conference call services available to youth in crisis or at risk. We would be happy to assist you by contacting the school administration in your area to get more information to your question. You can present us with your questions and we can inquire while you listen in. If you would like to speak more about your situation or utilize our conference call service, give us a call at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) during normal business hours.

    Please keep in mind that you will only be able to contact school administration Monday thru Friday.
    We hope that this information has been helpful.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

    Take care,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    • #3
      I just found out my brother in-laws girlfriend is a ward of the state runaway. I don't want to get into trouble for her being at my house. Who would I call?
      Last edited by ccsmod4; 10-17-2020, 12:30 AM.


      • ccsmod4
        ccsmod4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

        We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. To report any information about a runaway you might consider contacting your local police department through the non-emergency phone number. This number can be found online.

        If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about your situation please call or chat soon.
        Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); (click on the chat button).

        Take care,
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp