No announcement yet.

i have a problem

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • i have a problem

    okay hi i have a problem i am living in a very bad house hold and i would like to run away ,id be living with a different part of my family and they will help me ,knowing that i am 17 i was wondering if my parents would be able to take me back .with my prents things would only get worse for me.

  • #2
    RE: i have a problem

    Thank you for reaching out to us. It seems like things have gotten pretty difficult at home; sorry to hear that. We aren’t legal experts but we can speak generally. Typically, since you are still a minor, your guardians could file a runaway report if you were to leave. If they did this and you had a run in with law enforcement they could possibly return you back to them. Sometimes the closer you are to being 18 changes the way police pursue runaway reports. If you would like you can always contact the non-emergency line for your local law enforcement and ask how they would pursue a runaway report of an 18 year old. One thing you can also explore is asking your other family member, which you would be living with, if they would aid you in having a conversation with your parents about possibly staying with them. Sometimes it helps to have a third party there so the conversation doesn’t turn into an argument. You can also always contact here at 1-800-RUNAWAY if you would like to brainstorm some more ways to figure this out. We hope to hear from you soon. Good luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp