13 and I want to get out of my house and move

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 and I want to get out of my house and move

Hi I'm mentally abused at home and I have considered running away but I never have . I live in maryland and i want to move with a different family in MD . Is There Any way i can move away easily with out my parents consent .. I would be taking my to horse to my new home if I could .. I'm only 13. I have talked about my situation at home with the people I would be moving in with .

re: 13 and I want to get out of my house and move

Hey there,

If you have contacted NRS today through another means (for example, live chat, email or bulletin) for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services.

We wish you the best of luck in whatever it is you decide to do.

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I am 13 and want to get taken out of my home😢😢

At home I feel unwonted my own Mom calls me a ***** stupid dumb I have CUT🔪🔪🔪🔪before sometimes I want to die🔪
      I hate my life sometimes I want to just Run away or more I asked my Dad's Mom if I could live with her on (Facebook) she saw the message and never replied some GRANDMA I have huh!😨🙊🙈👵
      WOW
      My HORRIBLE LIFE
      GOD HELP ME 🙀🙌🙌 🏥🏥........... I need u???

Comment

RE: I am 13 and want to get taken out of my home😢😢

Hello,

We are so sorry to hear what you are going through. Sometimes the stress from home can get overwhelming, and that sounds like what you are dealing with. More than anything, we want to emphasize that everyone deserves a good life, and if you are having those feelings, we need to find a way make things better. You can check out this resource online, which helps people coping with suicidal thoughts and self-harm: http://www.youmatter.suicidepreventi...ne.org/issues/

It’s really frustrating that you reached out to your grandmother and she didn’t reply. But, it’s good that you are reaching out to people for help, and that you are articulating how you feel.

One thing you might do in this situation is try to break down the issues into parts, and come up with a plan to address those parts. Facing all these things at once is hard, but broken down like that might make it feel less overwhelming.

It sounds like the way your mom communicates with you is really frustrating. Perhaps, you could set aside a time to talk through how you feel with her. That could include 1.) setting boundaries about how she speaks to you, making sure she understands that you don’t like the name-calling and 2.) making it clear that you feel unwanted, because she may not know.

If you did feel like that was a positive step, you could consider what the best way to approach that might be. Consider whether there’s a time of day when your mom is less stressed and more open to communication. Consider also writing out how you feel, so you know exactly what you want to communicate.

If you’re concerned that you might not be heard, consider whether there are other adults who could be there to hear both sides of the story.

They could also be someone you reach out to just to talk about how you feel. Think through who someone you could trust might be: an older sibling, a relative, friends’ parents, or someone from your school. It might be helpful to have a support structure like this, even just so that you can vent about how you feel.

Also, these might be the people you turn to if you just need a break. Sometimes youth in this situation go and live with a friend’s family or a relative for a while just to take a break. This can be something that the youth and parent agree on doing, and it can defuse some of the tensions.

You also might consider family counseling or counseling for yourself. At runaway safeline, we have a database of affordable or free resources which we could refer you to.

And in general, you can call us 24/7 and we can talk through these issues and come up with a step by step approach, and also act as a sounding board.

Thank you for reaching out to us,

NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X