•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod15
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. I know said you would not take your life because it is selfish, but if you do here is a great resource.The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions. Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time
    If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe and stay strong,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I’m 15 my mother makes me feel like there is no point In living and I’m just so tired of this I won’t take my life away because I know it’s a very selfish thing to do my boyfriend is 18 and has helped me to deal with this a lot I can’t get emancipated because I’m not 16 yet and I don’t have a job much less will my mom let me have one I think the best thing to do is to just run away and live with my boyfriend I really can’t live with her anymore and I have no other family to go to and I don’t want my boyfriend to go to jail or anything what do you think the best plan for me is?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time and we want you to know that you are not alone.
    We want you to know that your life is important and you are worth living. Suicide is a permeant decision to a temporary situation. There is always someone willing to listen and willing to provide support. If you are ever feeling suicidal or just need to talk please reach out to The National Suicide Prevention Line at: 1800-273-8255. You do not have to deal with this alone.
    It does sound scary for your dad to threaten you with a belt, you do not deserve that. If you feel that this is abusive you can make a report by calling Child Help at 1800-422-4453. We are not legal experts but typically a runaway report goes away once you turn 18.
    We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore more options, please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
    NRS

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time, and we want you to know that you are not alone.
    You and your sister do not deserve to be used or treated the way you both have been treated. We know you mentioned not wanting to get authorities involved but it is an option. If you would like to make a report you can contact Child Help at 1800-422-4453.
    We are not legal experts but we do have some information on the laws. If you were to leave home without permission your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they most likely would bring you back home. We know you mentioned you are scared and your safety is the top concern. Please reach out to a trusted adult or the police if your safety is ever in jeopardy.
    We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    I've been thinking about running away for a while now. I just can't handle the situation I'm in anymore. I've tried to kill myself twice because of this. My stepdad just seems to hate me and whenever I do anything wrong he goes off on me. He one time made a "joke" that he was going to hit me with a belt, he might have thought it was funny but a little 12-13 year old would be scared out of their mind. If I run away, but I'm not found by police but eventually try to get a job (at 18 or so) will my parents be notified of where I am?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm 15, and I live with my grandpa and step-grandma. My grandpa is fine sometimes, but my grandma uses me and my sister to do her dirty work, and if we dont, she hits us. My mother is working on getting me and my sister back to live with her, but with the covid it's hard. I dont think I can stay any longer with my grandma, she threatens me with my boyfriend, my friends, my mom, and says she will send me off to a foster home again. I can not tell any authority about what she does because her and all her boys will deny everything and my grandpa will start to hate me again. I want to run away so bad, but theres no where I can stay, and I dont want to be out in the woods. What do I do???? Im really scared.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I'm 15 and I've been planning on running away from my abusive household for a while. no one knows for now but I'm planning on going to my grandma's house that's a few miles away. I was wondering if my grandma can get in trouble for letting me stay at her house. and if so what would happen to her?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

You mentioned experiencing emotional abuse which may be reportable against your grandmother. Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise. Unfortunately, emotional abuse is often harder to provide evidence for compared to physical abuse which is often what CPS relies on when conducting an abuse investigation. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made.
    We hope this helps. Please reach out if we can offer any further support.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Be safe and stay strong,

NRS

Guest replied
    I want to run away. My grandmother is emotionally abusive and I can't cope with it anymore. I'm scared to be alone because she drives me to suicidal thoughts. If I run away, will i be taken home or will the emotional abuse be taken seriously?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
    While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. If the parents report to the police that a runaway is in their home, the police will likely pick you up to return you home without charging them. Ruby would not be charged, since she is a minor. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
    You mentioned your parents discussing putting you in a "mental hospital" that is not something they can do without doctors and psychiatric consent. I wouldn't worry too much about it. They are probably just doing it to scare you.
    We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hey, I’m 13 years old. I’m clearly a minor and live in Texas(USA)My friend, ruby, and I have been talking about me running away. My “parents” are very very strict, and wouldn’t give consent into letting me staying at her house to begin with. My “parents“ have already threatened to put me into a mental hospital, and I’m very worried if i do run-away it’ll tempt them. I am completely aware of the law in Texas about harboring a run-away. I’ve been thinking about running away for months, even without Ruby’s help. I’ve read on a website (without further research) that if you’ve contacted the police about harboring a run-away, charges would be held back. Is that true? And would ruby and her guardians be charged since ruby is a minor as well?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
    While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
    We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by forum to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi I am 15 and am considering running away I’m not being abused or anything I jus feel like I don’t belong. Me and my bestfriend are planning to do it soon. What will happen if I get caught?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.
    We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X