Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I am 15 years old I have been planning to run away from I have no where to go. I running away from cps cause I am tired of moving homes but I am scared I will get introuble

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello There,
    Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. We are not legal experts, but we do have general knowledge of the laws. If you are harboring a runaway you could be faced with a fine. Harboring a runaway is a civil matter, so the police do not file this charge but the courts do. We hope this information answered your question. If you have any more questions or would like to discuss your situation in further detail please feel free to call us, we are here 24/7. We wish you the best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    Whata re the consequences of holding a runaway

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply:Hello I am 14 almost 15

Hi, thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand you concerns and want you to know that we are here to support you any way we can. You have our condolences on the passing of your father. It we understand if it has been emotionally tough for you. It also sounds like you have suffered from some abuse both physically and emotionally. You have our empathy.
    You do not deserve to be abused by anyone. It is unfortunate that this happened but it is not your fault. It is not okay for anyone to do that to you. It sounds like you are feeling frustrated and scared. Your feelings matter and so do you. Sometimes things get out of control and beyond control when dealing with others. You can only control the things you do. You are not responsible for how others behave.

When there are issues that raise concern communication plays an important role if there is to be some progress made towards a resolution. It sounds like you have thought about asking your mother to sign over parental rights. We are not sure exactly who you are looking at to become your legal guardian, perhaps it is the uncle you are living with.

Sometimes it helps to have support that might come from another family member or friend and sometimes through counseling.
    You know your situation best. Let us know how we can be of assistance.
    If you would like to speak more about your situation, please contact us at: 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800runaway.org (Live chat).

There are laws to protect you from being abused. To file an abuse report you can go to a teacher or a counselor at school. You can also contact Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 to report any abuse. www.childhelp.org. By filing a report there is usually an investigation to determine your safety. It also may determine who and where would best provide you with a safe environment to live in.

We are glad you reached out today. Good job.
    If you feel you are at risk or immediate danger we encourage you to reach out to emergency services through 9-1-1.

Take care,
    NRS
    We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hello I am 14 almost 15 and I am to the point of just going and living with my boyfriend because a lot has gone on with my life. I have been physically abused and mentally and cannot go back to that life style where im gonna end up. Im scared and dont want this to cause a seen. My dad has passed away and my mom still has parental rights of me so I could ask her if she could sign me over but my grandmother also has custody of me but im living with my uncle now. Im so scared and I know about the runaway report but I just dont know what to do. Please guide me in the right direction

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X