•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod0
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. After reading your post it had a lot of similarities to other postings, so we have attached a reply that we think can be useful for you too.
    Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Ok I have a huge question. What would happen if you already have run away for about a day you got back home and you are in your house but your parents have already spoken to the cops I am 15 and need some help kinda fast

Thanks for telling us about how you’ve experienced this type of situation it must have been a difficult one to go through. Though we aren’t legal experts, what we can say is that each case is different and has it’s own outcome. So what might be true for someone, another might find they had no court time or fines to pay. Others might have both. It all depends on state and the willingness of your guardian to take you back and what they want to do.
    Again we want to commend your bravery for reaching out and more than anything seeking out help which can be the most difficult of all things. We hope that we have helped provide some options for you to look over. If for any reason you feel like you have more questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call us at (1-800-786-2929) or online at (www.1800runaway.rg) on our chat option.
    If you have any follow up questions please feel free to give us a call anytime. We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I'm 15 and I am I run away, am I able to legally be gone if I can prove that I can provide for myself(food, shelter, school, etc.)

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
    While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
    We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi so my boyfriend is wanting to run away from home because his mom was gonna put him up for adoption.He's 15 and I was told that if he runs away and came to live with me,that my mom would be put in jail,is this true?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    Hi there, thanks for reaching out today.

Sounds like you were caught when you tried to run, and now you are in school suspension. Seems like you have been going through a whole lot lately and not sure what your next steps are. Here at NRS, we are always here to support you and talk through your options if you would like to call or chat us.

You said "what now?" Everybody's circumstances are different, so we do not have a blanket response for that. If you would like to talk in detail about how we can help, please know that we are always here for you.

Please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat us. We are 24/7 and here to help.

Best,

NRS

Guest replied
    I attempted to run away from school/home and go to NY. From Media PA. I was caught and now in an in school suspension. What now?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
    While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
    We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    How long can you be away from home if you runaway

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    Hey there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a bit about your situation.

It sounds like your mom does not treat you very well. We offer a conference calling service, between youth and their parents. If you ever wanted our help talking to your mom about how you're being treated at home, we're always here to make that call with you.

If you feel like getting out of the house is the best option and you decide to run away, we can explain what usually happens. We’re not legal experts, but from our general knowledge, running away is not illegal. If you runaway, your mom can make a runaway report. The police don't always actively look for you, if they come across you, then they usually bring you home. We offer to call out to youth’s local police, with youth, to find out their protocols. We can also look for runaway shelters in your area, that way you have a safe place to stay at.

We hope our response is helpful. We’re here to try to brainstorm options with you. Also, talking to school counselors and teachers about what’s going on at home could provide you with great support. You are not alone in this. You are always welcome to call into our 24/7 crisis center if you'd like to talk more about your situation.

Be safe, NRS

Guest replied
    I’m not 15, but I am 13. I hate my family. Especially my mom. She hates me and I hate her. Would I get in a lot of trouble if i ran away?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We feel it is best to help by phone or chat since there are perhaps more things to consider. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe, NRS

Guest replied
    What happens when my sister habors a runaway what’s her time she’s 15

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    Thank you for reaching out to us here at NRS. We know it can be a stressful situation you are going through and seeking out help is sometimes is hard. Our hope is to provide you with tips and resources so that you can make the best decision for you.
    From what we gather about your story some options available to you are perhaps telling your mom that you no longer feel safe around your dad and maybe see if she can help get an official document explaining why and how you don’t want to stay with him any longer.
    Again we want to commend your bravery for reaching out and seeking help. We know it took a lot to get to this point and hope we have given you enough information in order to make a decision that is best for you. If for any reasons you have more questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call at (1-800-786-2929) or online through our chat option at (www.1800runaway.org).
    Best Wishes-NRS

Guest replied
    hi im 15 almost 16 & i want to runaway from my dads house, i’m forced by law to see him on his visitations, what would happen if i ran away? i dont care if i get a night in juve i just don’t want my mom to lose custody of me & i don’t want to visit my dad anymore

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and we are here to listen to your situation. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult situation right now. You mentioned that you do some bad things to get attention, you can consider talking to your parents about your feelings. Also it’s good to have someone to talk to for support, you could always consider talking to your school counselor. You also talked about wanting to run away, in most states the legal age for someone to leave their home without permission is 18. We are not legal experts, but running away is a status offense. What that means is you run away your parents have the right to file a runaway report, if found the police would most likely bring you back home. If you plan on running away you may want to consider safety, where you will be staying, what you will be doing for food and water. If you need a shelter you can call us and we can help you look for shelters in your area.
    We hope this information will be helpful in your situation. If you have any more questions, or would like to discuss more about your situation. Please feel free to call us at any time we are available 24/7. Good Luck, and stay strong!
    NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X