No announcement yet.

What are the consequences of a 15 year old running away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi I’m 15 and I’m just scared because I lost a large some of money my parents used and I’m scared that even though I’m not a bad kid that I’m just going to be yelled at and screamed at and my depression makes it worse because I feel like I can’t do anything right that’s why I want to run away

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello, thank you so much for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear about your situation and it is completely understandable that you are considering running away. You are looking for help and thinking about your options which is really good to see.

It is reasonable that you are afraid to get yelled at for making a mistake, yet we all make mistakes and it is part of being human. In view of your mention of depression, we would like to offer you the number of the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, which is 1-800-273-8255. This hotline is available for free and can offer support for thoughts not only on suicide but also on depression. To answer your question about what the consequences of running away would be, although we are not legal experts here at NRS I can assure you that running away itself is not necessarily a crime. That being said, the people who harbor a runaway could potentially get in trouble.

Again, we’re really glad that you reached out to us. It takes a lot to ask for help and you are so brave for considering your options. If you would like to talk further about our situation, please do not hesitate to call or chat with us. We’re available 24-7 and can offer more resources as well as guidance and support. We’re here to listen, here to help.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X