•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod10
    replied
    Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We appreciate you taking the time to post on our forum.

You mentioned that you are considering living with your boyfriend. It is important to keep in mind that in Arizona, the age of majority is 18 meaning your parents could file a runaway report if you ran away. With that said, we have also heard that some local police won’t take runaway reports at age 17 since you are so close to the age of majority. One option is to call your local police station anonymously and ask them this question. You might want to phrase it like “How would you respond to a 17 who left home without permission? Would you accept a runaway report? Would you actively search for the 17 year old?” If you need help making that call, we can do it together using our conference call service. Another thing to consider is that while running away is not a crime, a legal adult who allows you to stay with them may be putting themselves at risk for being charged with harboring a runaway. Once you turn 18, the runaway report would go away, because you’d be a legal adult and would not be on any record.

Please feel free to call us at any time or contact us through our chat system (4:30-11:30pm CST) through our website (www.1800runaway.org) so we can help make sure you stay safe and know your options. We want what is best for you! Good luck.

Team NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Runaway consequences for 17 and 19 year old and

Runaway consequences for 17 and 19 year old and

I'm 17 and will be 18 in 7 months. My boyfriend is just turned 19. I live in Arizona and was wondering what the consequences would be for not only myself but for him as well if we decided to runaway to another state together. He's obviously not a minor so I'm pretty curious as to the trouble he would get into since I am still underage. Could the police bring me back home? Would I be filed as a missing persons? If I wanted to go to school and get a job elsewhere could I or could it blow up in my face since I was a runaway?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X