No announcement yet.

Moving out at 17 in Ohio.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod10
    Hi there,

    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We're glad you reached out to us, and we understand it takes courage to do so.

    We appreciate you sharing what’s going on. You don’t deserve to be abused or mistreated by anyone. You mentioned moving out, but not having to go to a foster home or a group home. We’re not legal experts, but there is an organization that is a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody. They can also explain what happens after an abuse report is made. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 NRS is able to conference call with you if you need help making the abuse report to CPS, or we can make one for you. If you’re not comfortable with making an abuse report, we have resources for legal aid. There may be other ways to be able to legally move out, those resources would be able to look into options. Your safety is important and if you ever feel the need to leave the home, our database also has resources for runaway/youth shelters. We’re here to help you and keep you safe in any way we can.

    We are always here and if you want to talk more about the options that we mentioned, or just need someone to talk to don’t hesitate to contact us. Also, if you have any teachers or school counselors that you trust, talking to them about what’s been going on could give you additional support.

    Be well, NRS

    Leave a comment:

  • Guest
    Guest started a topic Moving out at 17 in Ohio.

    Moving out at 17 in Ohio.

    If I'm in a home of abuse and I am mature, can I move out without going to a Foster Home or Children's Home?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp