Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fifteen And Wanting To Leave Home

I'm done with the people of the house I live in. I live with my birth mother, her husband, and three half-siblings. I feel as though my "parents" are verbally abusive, and they make me feel worthless and make me want to be fone with everything, even life itself. They're on the stricter side, they always threaten to beat me if I don't do things certain ways and then wonder why I'm a little disrespectful, rebellious, and antisocial. They make me feel trapped, and I hate everything because of them. I'm going to be sixteen in four months, but I don't think I can wait that long and even then I am unsure of the laws in Wisconsin. I don't know (anything about) my biological father, so he's out of the question. I have a friend who would let me stay at her house for a while, and I could talk to my biological half-sister who is twenty-three if I get in contact with her. But for legal reasons, I'm scared to reach out to anyone. Whenever I think about talking to someone about home, my mom always threatens me that she'll do something to me if I get the little girls (Nine and Six) taken away from them because I'm "being an overemotional teenager" and being a "lying b*tch who wants to ruin the family".
    I have written down the runaway hotlines number before, along with some questions that the site provided. My step-father confiscated it and now every since they always dumb me down with asking "Oh, are you going to run away?" and call me "1-800-RUNAWAY" when they get mad at me. I feel numb when I am around this family, I have for four years now, but they haven't seemed to notice my existence until I do something catastrophic behind their back and get caught for it. I hate my life when I am around them, and I don't want to live here anymore. Please help.

Reply: Fifteen And Wanting To Leave Home#1

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).
    We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in.

We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,
    NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X