Dad doesn't want me back in the house

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad doesn't want me back in the house

I am wondering what would happen if I move in with my boyfriends parents. I am 16 my boyfriend is 18. My dad and I got into a fight and family service was called. My dad told them he did not want me living in his house, but that he does not give me permission to live with my boyfriend. So I am staying with my great grandparents. I am wondering what would happen if I move in with my boyfriends parents.

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to NRS! We appreciate the time you took to post on our forum and we hope that our response will be helpful.

It sounds like you’re at a pretty stressful time in your life. Having to get in a fight and having him kick you out of the house sounds really hurtful. It’s good that you’re out of that environment. You mentioned that you no longer want to live with your grandparents but your dad won’t give you permission to live with your boyfriend. We’re not legal experts, but if your dad is your legal guardian, he has the right to report you as a runaway if you leave to live with your boyfriend. If there’s a CPS case going on due to the fight that you two had, that may change the situation. We do offer to call out to local police with youth, to find out exactly what you are able to do or not do. If you wanted to make that call with us, we are more than happy to help you with it. We also can locate legal aid resources in your area, they would better be able to tell you what rights you have in this situation.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat if you have questions or need to talk. We can explore your situation, go over all your options, and come up with a plan and resources to deal with your situation over the phone or on live chat. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.

Best, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X