No announcement yet.

Parental Consent

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Parental Consent

    I'm 17 years old, my family is wonderful but there are times when I truly need a break because of my harsh father. My current boyfriend and I are planning on getting married when I turn 18 and we tried having a baby but I miscarried. I'd like to move in with him and his mother now but I'm unsure how to find a consent form for my parents to sign. Do you know where to find a form for parental consent for me to move out of my current house? I don't want to be emancipated, I just need a legal consent form.. help?

  • #2
    Re: Parental Consent

    Hello and thanks for reaching out on our bulletin boards. It sounds like there are times at home where you need a break and you’re hoping to leave home before turning 18. We’re incredibly sorry to hear of your miscarriage and don’t imagine that has made things any easier at home. We aren’t legal experts here, but we can provide legal aid and other types of resources which might help. You stated you don’t want to be emancipate and instead are hoping for a legal consent form. If your parents give you permission to leave home, you may be able to go to family court for a temporary guardianship transfer. Where it tends to get tricky is if you think your parents might back out on letting you leave. We’re here to further discuss your situation with you and can search for resources if we know your city/state. In the meantime we hope you’re able to hang in there and that you’re able to get the emotional support your need. Good luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp