No announcement yet.

Leaving Home With Daughter at 15

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Leaving Home With Daughter at 15

    I have a car, a job, i go to school online, and I have a place to stay. My dad has been mentally and physically abusive since i was 3 years old (my mom is in and out) and I have been taken out of the home twice. I was returned on the account that he completed parenting classes and so on. Ever since I got home, I'm back in the same spot I was before. Telling me how to raise my baby, If i don't do something his way, I'm "retarded" and "stupid ********** just like my mom", when I start to cry (yelling makes me nervous, it used to escalate to violence}, he looks and tells me he's going to send me to a detention center and put that baby up for adoption (although I realize neither of those things could happen) and I'm tired of my daughter hearing him call me names and hit me. However, I WILL NOT GO BACK INTO THE SYSTEM. The system has completely destroyed me as a person and I will never be apart of the corrupt system ever again. I need to leave, one way or another. I don't care if it's illegal at this point.

  • #2
    Hi, thanks for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have been through a tough situation and are currently back in that situation again and we are really sorry to hear that. You don’t deserve to be mentally or physically abused and we are really sorry to hear that the Child Protective Services in your area have not been able to help as you said. We can help give you some resources as well as talk through some plans. If you want to discuss these more or if they don’t look like they will help in your case, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 1-800-RUNAWAY so we can talk about what is going on further.
    From what you said, your home situation is not the best environment for you or your child. You dad has been treating you in a way you do not deserve any under circumstances. As you mentioned, you do not want to have Child Protective Services involved again but, if that ever is something you want to talk about more or look into we are here 24/7. Another resource on child abuse questions that is very helpful is Child Help (1-800-422-4453). They can help answer any questions you have relating to child abuse and reporting and may be able to help.
    From what you said about having a car, having a place to stay, and being enrolled in school currently, emancipation sounds like something you may be interested in. It does depend on each state but, emancipation is a way to legally become an adult and waive parental rights if it determined to be the best option for the youth if they reach the age requirement to petition. In most cases, the youth will have to appear before a court to petition to a judge that they are physically, mentally, and financially able to support yourself. Somethings you may have to prove is financial stability (sometimes through having a job), having a plan if you are emancipated, and being able to prove you are mentally able to be on your own. Of course these are just a few things to think about. We have specific info based on your state if you want to call into us here. We can help make a plan and see if it fits your situation as well as legal aid as emancipation does take some time and cost money, ie with lawyers.
    Again we are always here to talk about your situation and we really do care about you. It sounds like you and your child have been through a lot and it takes a lot of strength to reach out and talk abou what has been going on. We hope to hear from you soon!
    Best, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp