Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12- Thinking of running away, where could I go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12- Thinking of running away, where could I go?

I can't help but think I'm missing something in my current state. With my family, I feel mentally and emotionally detached, and nobody can understand my reasonings. I've actually been thinking if running away for a while, but this question keeps popping into my head- Where? I could just live on the streets, but I'd like to be able to still get an education. I could go into an orphanage, but I'm not sure if I'd be accepted in my current state, since I still legally have a mom/dad. Is there any place I could go? If so, please reply, and thank you.

Re: 12- Thinking of running away, where could I go?

Hello and thanks for reaching out on our bulletin boards. It sounds like you're going through a rough time mentally and emotionally at home and are considering leaving. We aren't here to tell you what to do, but do care about your safety. At 12 we imagine it'd be rough on the streets if that's where you ended up. One alternative if you don't feel like you can stay at home any longer is checking to see whether your city/state has a safe place shelter. You can click here for more information: http://nationalsafeplace.org/. If you don't see your city/state listed, we have a large database with even more shelters and other types of resources we can search if we know where you're located. Hopefully this gives you a start and feel free to Live Chat. If you read this tonight we are currently trying out overnight Chat in addition to our normal chat hours. Good luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Thank you for giving me a start

Thank you for giving me some meaningful advice. There aren't any Safe Places near my current location, yet there might be some in a neighboring town. I'll be sure to consider doing a live chat. Thank you for your support.

Comment

12- Thinking of running away, where could I go?

You are welcome and good luck.
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X