Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog and me

I am contemplating running away with a friend and I want to bring my dog. I know that if I leave her my parents will put her to sleep, and I can't have that

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It takes a lot of courage to share about what is going on in your life. It sounds like you have plans to leave your home but you want to take your dog with you because you know your parents will put them down. We cannot imagine how you must feel wanting to leave but being held back by your love for your best friend. We are not going to tell you that you should or should not runaway. We are here to try to provide you with support and resources so that if you do decide to leave home, you are doing it intelligently and safely. To our knowledge the only shelters we know of that accept dogs are in California. So if running away is something that you really want to do then you are more than welcome to give us a call and we can talk about all of your options and help you come up with a safety plan.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929)
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X