15 and seeking emancipation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 and seeking emancipation

Hi my name is K***(name taken out to preserve confidentiality) and I'm 15 years old, I live with both of my biological parents and there is no physical abuse. I was in a relationship with a boy and I ended up getting pregnant, I had to get an abortion. My parents have been very unsupportive of me and they blame me for everything about the situation.i've had so many fights with them that I can't even count me more, our relationship was never good. I don't feel that I'm benefiting from being in my home anymore, I'm afraid to even leave my room because of the way that they talk to me and look at me now. This all started a really long time ago we've always had a very strained relationship, I confided in a counselor at my school and she ended up telling my parents that I was pregnant. They cut off on my contact with friends and my boyfriend who was very very supportive of me. My mom especially has said some very hurtful and abusive things. I want to get emancipated but I don't know how and my mom tells me that she'll do what she needs to do to keep me in the house. I don't know what to do, I don't know if I should stay in this house or run away. I need help getting emancipated and I don't know where to go. If anybody knows of any programs that can help with independent living or programs that can help me get emancipated faster I would love to know where to go. And if anybody knows a legal consultant number that I can call and get more information that would be great. I live in California so it's legal for me to get emancipated 15th I just need help doing it. Please help me

Re: 15 and seeking emancipation

 Often, youth may reach out to NRS in several different ways to discuss their situation. If a response from NRS is not visible to a bulletin posting it may be that we have already provided services to that individual through another platform we provide such as email, our crisis hotline, or our live chat service (in operation every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST). NRS encourages anyone in need of assistance to contact us through our 24 hour crisis hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY to receive immediate support.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X