X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My girlfriend is being verbally abused at home

Hello,

My girlfriend and I are 15, and she is being verbally abused by her mother at her home and it’s starting to get to her and my #1 concern is making sure she’s safe and okay, me and her were wondering if she could stay at my place without me or my family getting in trouble,

Hello, thank you for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like your girlfriend is being verbally abused, and you would t know if she could stay with you without your family getting into any legal trouble. We are very sorry to hear that your girlfriend is being verbally abused at home. She doesn’t deserve to be treated that way. Since your girlfriend is 15, she cannot legally leave her home without her parent’s consent. There is a possibility that her mother may file a runaway report if she were to leave home. If she was to stay with you and your family, your family could get in trouble for harboring a runaway. One option that your girlfriend could consider is reporting the abuse. If Child Protective Services find that she is living in an unsafe environment, they may remove her from her home. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a great resource that you or your girlfriend could call to get more information about what your options are. If you would like additional support or resources, feel free to contact us directly at our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929).
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X