Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost 16 can I get on an airplane...

I want to leave. I can't stand my school anymore, not because of the kids or the teachers but the hatred it causes me in the obese amount of work. I stay up late doing work for no ********ing reason. Work that doesn't interest me. My grades are good because I don't want to make my parents mad. I do some bad ******** on the weekend that most don't know about. I also suffer from bad depression. I want my life to feel better, but every time I try to have fun, it ends on monday morning. I cant fathom how I will ever enjoy myself by spending more restless nights working tworads a life I dont want to live. Anyway, I want to run away. Far. I want to go to the place that I fall in love with. I can run away easilly, and I can transfer my money out of my bank account over a month. If I have a passport can I fly, at 15, by myself without parent consent.
    I want to leave. Bad

Thank you for contacting National Runaway Safeline. It takes a lot of courage to discuss personal issues and seek help. You seem very brave and intelligent. It sounds like you are overwhelmed with school and want to runaway. School can be very stressful with the amount of homework that is assigned and suffering from depression must make the stress much worse. Talking to someone that you trust like a school counselor, or family member about your feelings may help.

We are not experts on youth traveling by airplane so you might have to contact your local airport and ask what the policy is for youth traveling alone. If you don’t feel comfortable contacting the airport by yourself, we could call with you on the line.One thing that you may want to consider is if you were to leave home without your parent’s permission, they could file a runaway report. If the police find you, they would most likely return you to your parents. Although running away is not illegal, if you were to leave home and stay with a friend they could get in trouble for harboring a runaway.

Thanks again for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. If you would like to discuss more about what you are going through please feel free to contact us directly on our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929).
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X