•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod13
    replied
    RE: 16 running

If you have contacted NRS today through another means, for example our chat service, for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    replied
    RE: 16 running

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like your friend can use some support and we're here to help as much as we can.

If your friend decides to leave home prior to turning 18, there is the possibility of having their parents/guardians filing a runaway report. We are not legal experts here, but in general it is not illegal to run away. However, if any other individual allows the youth to stay with them they could face charges for harboring a runaway. If your friend should leave and they have turned 18, there is really nothing that can happen at that point. It is not illegal after the age of 18 to leave your home.

We’re glad you decided to reach out to us. Please let your friend know that we can be reached via phone toll-free or through chat. We’re here to listen, here to help.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic 16 running

16 running

I'm sixteen years old and well its really rough at my house and I want to run and hide till I'm 18 then return home as an adult will I be detained after 18
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X