No announcement yet.

want to legally leave oklahoma at 18

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • want to legally leave oklahoma at 18

    hello! my boyfriend's mother--technically, he's going to be the run away--wants to keep him home for college (She's emotionally/mentally abusive and constantly threatens physical abuse) even after he turns eighteen, is it illegal for him to leave? I really want to help him, but I need to know if I need to cover our tracks or not. I'm really sorry to bother anyone, I'm just super nervous.

  • #2

    Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us tonight! We're sorry about what your boyfriend is going through. That sounds like it must be really difficult. It's great that he has someone as supportive as you in his life, though. We appreciate you contacting us on his behalf. The age of majority in Oklahoma is 18 years old, so that means when your boyfriend is 18 he is legally an adult and is allowed to leave his house without his mom's permission. If he left home at the age of 18 his mom would not be able to file a runaway report or get the police involved.

    If you have any more questions or just want to talk about the situation more please feel free to get in touch with us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we are 24/7 so someone will always be here to answer and help in the best way we can.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp