Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyoming Runaway

Im 16, going to turn 17 in two months. My parents are threatening to call the police and tell them I'm a runaway teen every time I go to my boyfriend's house, simply because they don't like him. I want to know if I am still considered a runaway if I'm 17. I've read different websites and some say kids are runaways until they're adults but some say until they are 17 years old.

Hey there,
    Thanks for reaching out to NRS! It sounds like your parents are making your life difficult lately with your relationship. It’s understandable why you’d want to runaway. The age of majority in Montana is 18 years old, which means that’s when you’re considered an adult. Running away itself is not something that youth can be arrested for. However, we have seen people who let youth stay with them while on the run are charged with “harboring a runaway”. Sometimes, police won’t take runaway reports on 17 year olds, especially when they’re close to turning 18. We are not legal experts so we always offer to call out to local police with youth to ask them their protocols.
    We’re here to help in any way we can! If you’re interested in the services that was mentioned, our safeline is open 24/7. We also have a chatting service via our website. You’re never alone in this.
    Be well, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X