Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Friend Needs Help

My friend is 16 and her parents are verbal abusing her. They decided to kick her out but wont let her pick where she goes to stay my parents said she can come stay with us but we dont want to get in trouble legally. Is their anyway legally she can come stay with us without getting my parents in trouble i just want to keep my friend safe.

Hi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us tonight. It's really great that your friend has such a supportive person like you in her life. It's clear you care a lot and just want the best for them. We're sorry your friend is in such a difficult situation. Abuse in any shape or form is never okay, especially from people who are supposed to care for her. Her parents cannot legally kick her out when she is under the age of 18, it is possible that they can get into trouble with the police for doing that.

Unfortunately even though her parents kicked her out they can still file a runaway report for her. Your parents can still take her in, but her parents can try to press charges against them for harboring a runaway if they wanted to. In order to avoid this your parents could get into contact with the police and let them know that they are taking in a throwaway, which is what youth who have been kicked out of home are called.

If you want more help please feel free to reach out to us again! You can also forward our number to your friend if she wants to talk to us so we can learn more about her situation. You can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we are opened 24/7 so someone will always be here to help as best as we can. We wish you both the best of luck with everything!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X