No announcement yet.

Legal advise needed anything helps!

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Legal advise needed anything helps!

    I am 15 years old legally my mom and dad have been divorced for eight years I have lived with my mother in the state of California since the divorce. My father is a good man in lives in the state of Oregon there is no reason I should not be allowed to live with him besides the fact that my mother cannot handle the fact that my step mother might raise me instead of her. The court order says that with my mother and father have 50-50 joint custody he and I now want to live with my father my mother is currently emotionally and verbally abusive to me and I cannot handle it anymore. I want to run away and just stay at my dads house in Oregon but I don't want my dad to get in trouble or possibly go to jail. Is there anything I can do that's not going to take forever my father has the paperwork filled out to file for custody for me but school starts soon and I do not want to have to go back to the abusive home in California.

  • #2
    Reply: Legal advise needed anything helps!

    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

    We appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
    Some situations can be disappointing and even frustrating thus making things uncertain about what to do or where to turn.
    We understand and we want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    We are not legal experts therefore cannot advise you what steps you might have legally.

    It does sound like your father is working on the situation. Patience may be something to consider along with maybe speaking with your father about the status of the case.
    We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or

    Again tell us what it is you would like us to help you with and we will be happy to explore some options with you.
    NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

    Take care,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp