• Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    16 and to move

what happens if move in with a other friend

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    17 year old wanting to sign out of school so i can move

Can I legally sign myself out of school in Oklahoma at 17 without parents consent I am almost 18 I turn 18 in 2 weeks

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    replied
    re: 17 and need to move

Hi, thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. Our services are confidential and you only share with us whatever you feel comfortable sharing with us. If you would like to talk to us, please feel free to call our 24 hour hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). You can also email us or chat with us through our website www.1800runaway.org. Our chat is available daily from 4:30pm-11:30pm CTS. We hope this helps and look forward to hearing from you.

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    17 and need to move

Would I have to give my name or anything like that?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod5
    replied

Hey again,

Thanks for reaching out to us again. Unfortunately, in order for us to call out to any resources or police departments, you would need to give us a call and we would call out for you. It is part of our policy due to confidentiality reasons.

We hope to get your call soon!

Best,

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    17 and need to move

Thank you. I really don't want to ask myself, but I really would like to know. If you could contact them, that would help me, a lot.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod5
    replied

Hey there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline, it sounds like you are going through a pretty tough time at this point in your life and we want you to know that we are her to listen and to help in the best way that we can. From what you shared, it sounds like you are pretty set on leaving home.

We want to start off by letting you know that we are not legal experts here, which means that we are only able to speak in general terms about your situation. In most states, because you are still considered a minor, your parents are able to file a runaway report. If a runaway report is filed and you are found, typically you would be forced to return home. If you would want a more firm answer, you are able to reach out to your local police department and ask general questions about your situation and what would happen to a 17 year old runaway in your county. If this is something that might make you nervous and don’t want to call yourself, please feel free to reach out to us here and we would be able to make that call for you.

We hope that we were able to let you know a little more about what we do and explain our services. We want you to know that our lines are open 24/7 and we can be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We also have a live chat program that is available every day from 4:30 PM until 11:30 PM CST. We wish you the best of luck and hope to hear from you soon.

Stay strong,

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    17 and need to move

I am 17 years old. I turn 18 in 93 days. I live inbetween Ketchum and Vinita Oklahoma. Yesterday my parents said I could move out and live with my boyfriend. I've been dating him for 5 years, 6 in October. I had talked to one of my teachers in school and they said they would help me find a job if I moved out. Today, my mom changed her mind and said I didn't need to leave. I've already started packing yesterday. Is there anything I can do to leave now without their permission? I need an answer ASAP. Please? And Thank you. :'(

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod11
    replied
    RE: 17yr old moving out in Oklahoma

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the National Runway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through a very tough situation. No one deserves to fell unhappy or unsafe in their own home. We are here to help you as much as we can and help you navigate some options and resources that you may have not thought of before. One option that you may not have thought of is child abuse Reporting. If you feel like you are being emotionally or physically abused, you can make a report or we can help you with making the report. It sounds like you are going through a lot right now. One thing to think about is if you are under the age of 18 and leave the home without permission, your parents can file a runaway report. If they decided to make a runaway report and the police find you, they will send you back home to your family. If the police find you and someone is helping you runaway, that person can get in trouble with the police for harboring a runaway. Since you are 17 years old, there is chance that the police might not look for you if your parents decide to report you. One way to find out is calling your local police department and asking them what are their policies on runaways that are 17 years old. We are glad to hear that you are doing well in school and can take care of yourself, that is something to be very proud of. We encourage you to call us at 1800-786-2929 if you need more support, or if you would like to explore more options. Thank you and good luck.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic 17yr old moving out in Oklahoma

17yr old moving out in Oklahoma

I'm 17 year old girl and live in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. I've ran away before for 8months when I was 15 and got arrested for some things but have lived back home since then. I've gotten my life on track and am a junior and straight A student in school but I just can't take my moms stuff any longer. Arguing everyday, she has an alarm on the house that I can't have the code to, she locks the doors and turns it on when she leaves so I can't even open a door or window without it going off and her flipping out. she verbally attacks me over the most petty things and thinks that im doing bad things when I'm not, tracks me everywhere I go and has called the cops on me for locking my bedroom door one night, she takes money out of my bank account if i spend cash without telling her, will take money out of my account if im being," shisty or trifling" , as she calls it. I have a job and make almost $1000 a month and I can support myself if I wanted to, but i want to continue school. Me and my boyfriend are wanting to get an apartment together after he graduates in 1 month, is it possible for me to do that even if im leaving without consent.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X