No announcement yet.

Illegal Girlfriend

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Illegal Girlfriend

    Hi, I'm 17 Turning 18 In About 3 Months, My GF is 16 Turning 17 In 3 Months Also And We Live In 2 Different States. Her Parents Are Very Cruel Towards Her. Now If She Wanted To Come Down To Stay At My Place At 18 Will She Get In trouble By Authorities Not Being Able To Prove Her Age? Please Help

  • #2
    Hello there, thank you for reaching out today for your girlfriend, she is lucky to have a partner like you. Sounds like your girlfriend is being treated very poorly by her parents, and you want to know if she can stay with you once she turns 18. Depending on your state’s laws, 18 years old is typically the age that youth being legal adults legally. So she can leave home at 18 without parental permission.

    If she left home now, before she turns 18, her parents could attempt to file a runaway report for her with police, and if she is found she would be returned home. In one of your posts you mentioned that she is “illegal”; if she is undocumented and her guardians do not want to go to authorities, it might be hard for her to be listed as a runaway. While running away is typically not illegal, the legal adult who houses her as a runaway could face misdemeanor charges called “harboring a runaway.”

    Please call or chat us if you have more questions or if you would like to go over your options. You might also give your girlfriend our number (1-800-RUNAWAY) so we could help her directly.


    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp