No announcement yet.


  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lawsuit?

    I have taken in a child who was kicked out of their house- they are 17. The kids mother is fairly crazy.

    In my state at 17 you cannot be given runaway status, so her filing a report for that is not the concern. My main concern is being sued by the mother for interference with parental rights. Is that possible?

  • #2
    Hey there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
    It sounds like you’re being a great support system for the youth you have taken in. We thank you for looking out for them. A guardian who kicks out their underage youth, is actually considered neglect. Making a child abuse report could be an option in this situation. Unfortunately, we are not legal experts so we cannot answer your question regarding being sued. However, we are able to look into legal resources in your area if you are able to call into us!
    Our Safeline is open 24/7, so please don’t hesitate reaching out to us for further assistance!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove