I want to be Emancipated but I don't have the Resources, Knowledge, or Case

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to be Emancipated but I don't have the Resources, Knowledge, or Case

I'm 15 and want to get out of my house. My father emotionally abused me for most of my life, but I have no physical proof of it. I've never been to a therapist or been diagnosed with any type of mental illness (though my best friend has told me I have many signs of emotional abuse, anxiety, depression, and PTSD, which she has) because my dad has always refused to believe anything was wrong with me. My mother and sister have also dealt with it, but I have been threatened and and yelled out. He takes his anger out on his family. I don't know how to go about being emancipated or having custody transferred. Please help.

Hi, thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are living in a difficult and very stressful situation, and looking for options. No one should ever be threatened or abused. We’re here to listen and to help, we’re not legal experts here but can give you some basic information.
    Emancipation is a legal process that is done in court, and under state law. So, the process varies from state to state. Normally you need a safe place to live, and a way to take care and support yourself financially, like a job. If you want to look into this more, you can call us here at the NRS 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), or chat with us during chat hours through our website. We’re confidential, and can listen and understand your situation better, and recommend resources that can help.
    Reporting abuse is also an option. If you decide you might want to report, we can help you here, or you can also call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453. Have you talked to anyone else about this, or thought about counseling as another option given the stressful situation? We’re also glad to discuss that as well, and look for other ways to help.
    Best of luck in working through this, we’ll look forward to talking with you soon.
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X