Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicked out for 6 weeks + more

My mother works at a summer camp for 6 weeks during which I can't be at my own home. What is the legality of being essentially kicked out of my home at age 16. I also am wondering what I can do about her having 3 jobs and child support but refusing to buy food, clothes and hygenic products. Thank you!

Reply: Kicked out for 6 weeks + more

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

A minor that has been put out of the home with no safe place to stay by their parent or guardian has the option of contacting Child Protective Services and filing a child abuse report for neglect.
    To get information about filing a child abuse report contact Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453

Child Help USA is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
    Does that make sense?

Unfortunately we are not legal experts at NRS however we can assist you with locating legal resources and referrals in your area.
    If you would like to speak more about your situation and explore some possible options contact NRS at: 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take Care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X