No announcement yet.

Enrolling in high school

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Enrolling in high school

    Hi i am turning 17 soon and i plan to "run away" shortly afterwards and i will be living out of a car and far away from home and i am wonderingly if there are states where you can enroll in local high school without parents consent... no offense but im reallyyyyt not interested in "therapy" and asking about reason she i'm running away, trust me i've had plenty of that and i've come to a final decision but still want to finish my high school education. thank you

  • #2
    Reply: Enrolling in high school

    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

    There are laws in place that allow runaway/homeless students to enroll in school.
    It’s called the McKinley/Vento Act. To get information about how to enroll under this act you might consider contacting the school or school district administration offices for enrollment. You might ask to speak with the homeless student liaison. Most schools have one.

    NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    If you have any more questions or would like to talk more in detail about your situation, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or

    We hope to hear from you soon.

    Take care,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp