X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with the next step.

Hey there.

My mom (only her) is committing harmful acts by slapping,kicking, and threatening me. He just threatened that I was going to be slapped by her's truly. Staying here should help me stay safe. I am not feeling safe. I have done some research and somewhat found her breaking her duties as a parent by mentally abusing me. I want to seek legal action now. If she wants to slap me and yell at me (she does this everyday. it's not fair. not 1 day where she will stop), I can't live here. I want to contact child protective services. Do you know how I can ONLINE? Not letting her look at another way where she can step in and stop me. My dad is at least trying to support me while my mom is no help at all.

Thank you for contacting NRS. We are here to help. It seems you are in tough situation, and sorry to hear to that. Although we are not legal experts, so we cannot know exactly what the next steps are or if anything can be online. However, we do know that calling child protective services by phone can help. You mentioned your dad is supportive, it is not clear if he lives with you or not, but if he is not, maybe you can try to move in with him instead. Also, maybe living with another family member or a friend can help you situation. We do understand it might be hard situation for you to move to another place other than home. It is better if you call us on 1-800-786-2929 or chat with us online on 1800runaway.org. That way we can try to assist you more on your situation. You also can check childhelp.com, the website explains how reporting goes. If you decided to report, here is the number for Child Protective Services 1-800-422-4453. We understand your situation and it is a tough one. We are here for you if you needed anything or needed some more consultations or any sort of help.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X