will be a senior in august but I'm 18 and want to move out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will be a senior in august but I'm 18 and want to move out

I'm going to be 18 in July and in august i start my senior year of high school. I've always had issues with my family regarding my sexuality and I'm planning on renting an apartment and moving out IF I get a steady income from a good paying job. I live in the state of Kentucky, is it legal for me to move out if I am 18 and still in high school (I fully intend to finish high school and go to college)

RE: will be a senior in august but I'm 18 and want to move out

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. Sounds like you are in a tough situation. We are sorry to hear your family has had issues with your sexuality; you deserve to have your sexual identity respected. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. We are not legal experts, however our general understanding is that the age of majority (the age at which someone is considered a legal adult) is 18 in KY. This means that at 18, if you move out of the house you would not be considered a runaway. As a legal adult you have the ability to make decisions for yourself as to where you choose to live, and your family can't stop you by legal means. Your plan to secure an income and save money before you move out is a good one. It sounds like you have a lot of great plans for your future. If you need any resources or need to talk, we are here for you 24/7. Don't hesitate to give us a call or chat with us online. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X