No announcement yet.

16, want to run away from abusive house

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod2

    We're here if you need someone to talk to about what's happening. You don't deserve to be abused, and you have a right to reach out for help. Unfortunately we are not a legal expert though, and to our knowledge there are not a lot of places that will help kids to stay away from their parents long term. As a minor, you can't really legally run away. Some states offer resources where you can apply to become emancipated, but in that case a judge would need to declare you legally responsible for yourself. You can try to locate a legal resource in your area that can give you more information on how emancipation works. Otherwise, usually the only way to get help right away is to contact the police or child protective services if you feel that you are in danger.

    Take care and good luck,

    Leave a comment:

  • Guest
    Guest started a topic 16, want to run away from abusive house

    16, want to run away from abusive house

    Currently my house is not very functional. Theres verbal, mental, emotional, and physical abuse. Usually its my parents towards me and my sibling, but sometimes its just them. Ive had them beat me into a corner while they call me a ********** and a burden, I've seen my sibling get slammed against walls and be slapped across the face. DCF has been called a couple of times but nothing has been done. I want to run away, but I know that if I did, I'd be caught by police, sent back home, and be punished severely by my parents. Are there any legal ways I can run away and not have to see my parents?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp