No announcement yet.

Answer back

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answer back

I am 14 and I want to run away to my dad's my mom will not let me she says she Will report me as a run away I just do not want to live with my mom no more

Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. It definitely sounds like you are frustrated and that things would be much better at your dad’s place. We are here to provide you with resources and non-judgmental support, as necessary.

If you think that calling us at 1-800-RUNAWAY and talking to a trained liner would help you out, then you are always welcome to do so. You can remain anonymous and ask as many questions as you’d like. This might allow us to get a better handle on your situation and find out what is causing you to feel this way. It definitely sounds like you not only want to be in a better environment but that you are trying to do the right thing by not running away. If your safety is at risk you should know it is ok to call 911. If there is any type of emotional or physical abuse that is happening then you always have the right to call Child Help at 800-422-4453. They can file an abuse report and investigate your situation since you deserve to live in a peaceful environment. We normally recommend filing an abuse report as a last resort but we would be happy to make that call with you; should it get to that point. Lastly, we do not provide legal advice but it is our understanding that, if you did run away, it is not a crime. If the police find you then most likely you will be return to your parent/legal guardian. It might be helpful to know that if you stay with an unauthorized person then that individual could potentially get charged with harboring a runaway.

Keep your head up and please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to talk in great detail. You should be commended for taking the initiative and reaching out. All of us at NRS are here 24/7 to help you in any way possible. If it is better to do a live chat then you can access that through www.1800runaway.org Best of luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed here:

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NRSOnlineServicesSurvey

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X