Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving at 18

Hello,
    I'm a 17 year old girl. I really want to leave at 18 - I even have a couple of ideal dates set. May 31st 2018 or July 6, 2018.
    I'm a Wiccan and am living in my parent's super strict fundamental Christian home. I've been brought up, told that all other religions are heading towards hell, but I really don't think that way. I'm scared of what could happen if they found out that I'm a Pagan Witch. I also know for sure that they will not tolerate me practicing my religion in their house because they'd view me as a "spawn of the devil" "satan worshipper" which is in fact NOT the case - but they won't listen. I've tried defending such things with no success. I think that if they knew before I was of age, they'd lock me in a closet or shun me, and being a highly social person - it would be torture. I'm planning on finishing High School (I'm homeschooled) and then leaving so I can pursue my path without guilt and emotional pressure.

They have NO control over me once I'm 18 right?

I would really like some advice and help on making a budget/financial plan, escape plan, and just tips and tricks. I already know where I want to move and have looked at a few apartments in the area. I have a friend in a similar situation who plans on moving in with me a couple of years after I leave.

I just really need help making a plan to get to the place I'm going and then finding a job and surviving on like 2,400 a month...

Hi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to get in touch with us today! It sounds like you're going through some pretty rough stuff right now. It must make you feel isolated and misunderstood living in a household like that, especially since they're so strict about their rules and so against what you do. We really commend you for sticking through it for this long, we can't imagine how difficult it must be sometimes.

Once you turn 18 you are free to do whatever you want to do! Unless your parents have extended custody of you for some reason, you are legally an adult at the age of 18 and can leave home without their permission. It's good to have a set plan before you leave home though, like where you would live and how you would support yourself after leaving your parents' place. It seems like you're already concerned and thinking about that stuff, which is great and really shows how responsible you are. We don't have many job resources, but if you call in we can definitely talk things out and try to see what we can do to help you.

You can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we are 24/7 so someone will always be here to answer and listen.

We wish you the best of luck with everything!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X