Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What legal action can be taken against who I'm staying with?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What legal action can be taken against who I'm staying with?

I'm turning 16 in a few months and I'm in an emotionally abusive household that is driving me to self harm, drug abuse and suicidal thoughts/idealation.
    I have a friend who is over 18 that is offering to buy me a plane ticket to where she lives because I am under so much stress. I'm having meltdowns every other day and it's becoming so tiring to stay here.

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through such a hard and stressful situation. It sounds like you have a friend who’s willing to support you through your tiring and stressful experiences. We want you to know that no one deserves to be abused and you should not have to go through that.

We want you to know that you can consider reporting the abuse you’re experiencing if that’s something you want to do. If you would like more information about abuse reporting or if you’d like to file a report, you could call Child Help (1-800-422-4453) or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.

If you haven’t already, you may also consider calling the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) or checking out twloha.com (To Write Love on Her Arms organization) if you feel you are in danger of hurting yourself. SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: 1-877-726-4727) is another resource that may help you with drug abuse related issues.
    There are other resources that could help you find a safe place if you’re in need of that, talk to someone about your struggles (for example a counselor/therapist), or help you with anything else you may need. If you want to talk more about what’s been going on or if you’d like more information about resources, you can call us or chat with us online.

Again, thank you for contacting us. This is such a tough situation, but you’ve shown strength by reaching out for help. If you ever need anything in the future, please feel free to call us or chat with us online. We’re always here to listen and here to help.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X