•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod15
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe and stay strong,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I'm 14 years old and I can't stay here anymore . my mother is very toxic and has always been. for example, I get cursed out and called slurs because od=f something I have no control over. it's like she doesn't care at all. a few months ago, I wanted to kill myself so badly and she knew it. she saw my suicide notes and saw me swallowing bottles of pills and she hasn't done anything about it. she sometimes fights me and it's just unacceptable. today, I was called a disgrace to my family and she turned my phone off. I have no one else left. I talk to my boy's best friend about it but I need to leave. I cant go with family bc I tried but they don't want me. my father died a few months ago. I want to leave

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Hey there! Thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you did. It sounds like you're pretty unhappy at home, which is understandable since you don't agree with some of the choices your stepdad has made. If you're open to it, it might be a good idea to try and have a conversation with your mom about how you're feeling. She may be able to provide you with the support that you're looking for, but if not, maybe she can help connect you with someone else that you'd feel comfortable talking to, like a therapist or a mentor. Being in an environment where you're really unhappy can be stressful, so it's always helpful to have a safe person that you can connect with. You can also reach out to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) by calling 1-800-950-6264 or visiting NAMI.org for additional support and connections to resources in your area.

You're also welcome to reach out to us at National Runaway Safeline if you want to talk more about what's going or find some other resources that are available to you in your area. We're available 24/7 by phone (1-800-RUNAWAY) or live chat (www.1800runaway.org) and are always happy to help.

Take care!

NRS

Guest replied
    I’m 13 but planning to run away once I’m 14 because my stepdad is a scammer in a Bitcoin company and he stole lots of people’s money and I don’t want to live under his name, his stolen money, and his disgusting company but I can’t just move in with my dad because he works a lot and he already doesn’t have enough money to take proper care of his cats and he isn’t supportive of me so I don’t know what to do. I thought about getting a job and moving to a different city/town but I don’t know what I could do to make money and where I’d go, all I know is I don’t want to live this stupid life where I’m controlled by him.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services. Another good option to learn about mental health for yourself is https://nami.org/Home
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

• ccsmod16
    Thank you for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did. It sounds like things are really hard and stressful for you with your mom screaming at you and blaming her bad day on you. That is not fair and it is understandable that your stress level is so high.

We wonder whether you have anyone to talk to about this? Even talking to your friends and getting their support will help get some of the stress out. The best way for us to help you is to have a conversation with you either by phone or live chat. Through www.1800runaway.org for chat or 1800-786-2929

We truly hope to hear from you soon
    Sincerely
    NRS

Guest replied
    Im a 14 year old girl I cant do this anymore im at the point where i wanna kill my self my parents make me take pills for adhd but i dont think i even have that and i think the pills are making me deeply depressed im sad all the time ive stopped worrying ablut wearing makeup and ive been laying in bed by myself alot to try to get away from them they only want me to clean,they are very mean and i just went through alot with my family i gave my dad a chance he was mean so i moved in with my mom my mom beat me and killed my cat by choking it and she took me to dope houses with her and made me sit outside with a bunch of men my uncle beat me too he lived with me and my mom and he hurt me bad then i moved back in with my grandma and granpa thats where im at now they are mean and they treat me like crap our hpuse is yellow on the walls from cigarettes and i go to school getting told i smell like cigs cause my house is so bad im already insecure about how ugly i am i dont wanna worry about how i smell like cigs my im at the point where i just wanna die if i cant get out of here im sorry.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Im 14, I don`t know what I should do I want to live somewhere else but my mom doesn't abuse me but she screams at me, and is so nice to my brother. If she has a bad day she takes it all out on me. She always is making me do everything for her and my stress level is through the ceiling. What should I do

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We would like to be of assistance to you if we can. It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You showed some by reaching out to NRS. Good for you. What you have been experiencing sounds very unfair. You do not deserve to be treated this way by your parents. It’s not your fault that they behave this way. Your feelings are important and they matter.
    You are deserving as anyone that wants to be happy.

NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    It sounds like you are really responsible and independent.
    We would be glad to speak with you about strategies or options that might help you to cope better with your situation.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more about your situation and we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

You did a wonderful job reaching out today. Good for you.
    We look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi, I'm 14 and I'm ready to leave the house. It's nothing due to abuse, physical abuse, but I have toxic parents and mental abuse. They doubt me, belittle my opinions and myself, and are very controlling. I have As, well behavior, and I'm very independent. I do my chores every day, and they still think I don't do enough. My dad works all day, and my mom sleeps or shops all day, so I'm left to watch my nephews and brother, and tutor them in school, make them food, clean up their messes. The basic standards an adult would do. I feel like I'm the only adult and mature one in this house. My mom spends money constantly, and when she doesn't get her way she cries and turns my dad against me. My sister and I have felt this way for a long time, living in a family of 8. I buy the food, I make the grocery lists, and with my own money buy food for my family. I even bought a cat, and take care of her myself. I'd say I'm the only prepared financially, and very much like an adult person in my family. I have a job, yes at 14, I'm a model. I want to go to places, and they won't let me. No phone, no tv, not even a computer. I want to move out into an apartment/townhouse which I can afford with my cat Willow. They won't pursue my modeling career outside of Utah. If I can financially support myself, and I have a career with agencies, I think I should be allowed to move out. This house I live in is very toxic, my brother's had the cops called on him, my sister tried ending her life 5 times, my other sister was taken to the hospital for drug handling, and I feel like they do trust me as an adult, but no one in my family notices all the things I have to do to take responsibility for them. It's a very toxic mess, every one is manipulative, and turns against each other. I'm tired of my parents verbally abusing me, and using me to manipulate other people. I'm also tired of them comparing me to my little brother (the angel). One time it was around 3 am, and I hadn't done the dishes. My mom was yelling for hours telling me to get up and clean the house at 3 am, and then when I finished she told me to clean the garage because I had slept for too long at 3 a.m. I'd like to move out, and I think I could, My sister had already moved out and has a son, I was thinking that because she isn't very well off, single mother, divorced, that with my help we could move into a very nice townhouse where we shared half the bill. I think that by doing this, I can pursue my career, and mentally recover.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 11-21-2020, 01:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on with your mom and wanting to move in with your girlfriend's family. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
    While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
    The easiest way to leave home is with your parents' permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.
    We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). If you would like to look into further emotional support options, you can text with a crisis worker at the National Alliance on Mental Illness 24/7 by texting "NAMI" to 741741.
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    so my mom yells at me daily and when i get home from wherever i come home from im always getting yelled at and my mom took away my door so i dont feel like i dont have any privacy and i want to go away and i was hoping you guys could help me say something to help say the right thing to my mom about me moving out with my girlfriend

so when i was a few years younger my dad used to beat me and due to that it makes me really sad and when i try to talk to my mom about it she just changes the subject and she does so many things that makes me depressed and i wish that i could get out of the house morw but everytime i leave even to go on a quick jog or run she calls my brothers amd cousins and asks them if they have seen me and her trust issues with me because of my brother have gotten so bad she has put a tracker app on my phone.

the other day i was talking to my girlfriend about it and her parents have said that if my mom is ok with it i can go live with them but like im not at all sure how to approach my mom about this topic and she always yells at me when i try and talk about my feelings about her yelling at me and i just really need help and ive told her about my depression but she says its all fake and ive asked for her to take me to a counselor or therapist but she wont ever take me to one
    Last edited by ccsmod0; 11-17-2020, 05:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. Living between two houses can be difficult, especially when you have other challenges and needs that you don’t feel like are being met. It might be worth looking into counseling or activities that can help you build up self-esteem without relying on your parents as much.
    We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you and your friend through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    We’re here to listen and to help and hope you or your friend can reach out soon.
    Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I've lived with both of my parents separately. They objectify me and neither of them know who I really am as a person. My mom doesn't have a healthy life and she sometimes will forget my needs. I will try to talk to her, but she either ignores me, blows it off, or she yells at me for saying it. A simple conversation with my mom will always end in tears and disappointment. My dad is semi healthy, but his beliefs directly clash with mine and he neglects all of my illnesses saying that all of them are in my head. I'm not good enough for him. I'm slowly losing all my friends. I'm done with everything. I wish I could live with my siblings, but they live in the North and I live in the Midwest. They also shouldn't have to carry the responsibility of a 14 year old at 24 and 20. I feel like an object that's purposefully shaped in one way so that my only purpose is to please others. And I can't even do that. I want to leave my house so badly but I have no one. Nobody loves me enough. Please help me.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X