•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod9
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    im 15 years old and my parents both mentally and physically abuse me. i am definitely not a perfect child and i used to do bad things like stealing from my sister/ going through other peoples things when i was about 8-11. my dad now hits, calls me names and my step mom is always ridiculing me for no reason. i need help to get out of this situation but i dont know what to do.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply: I’m 14, I don’t have any extreme problems..

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You must be 18yrs old to legally move away from your parent’s. We understand sometimes things become frustrating and it’s hard to figure out how to set things right. NRS is here listen and here to help. If you would like to talk about your situation and explore options as to how you might reach some solution, please contact us by phone or chat.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I’m 14, I don’t have any extreme problems with my parents but I just don’t really enjoy living with them is there any way I could legally move out and have my own place soon?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    commented on Guest's reply
    Thank you for reaching out and sharing your situation with us.

It sounds like home has definitely been over whelming and stressful for you, but reaching out for help is a great first step. Having a support system can be important when you have a lot of stress to cope with, so it is frustrating your mom is trying to cut you off from contacting your girlfriend. Your situation might seem helpless, but there are people who care about you and resources that can help. If you are ever thinking about suicide or need someone to talk to you can call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or go to suicidepreventionlifeline.org. You can also text “CONNECT” 741741 if you wanted to talk to a crisis counselor. You can also reach out to RAINN the national sexual assault hotline at 1-800-656-4673 or go to rain.org. Trevor Project which is a LGBTQ youth suicide lifeline may also be a helpful resource to provide support for you. You can call at 1-866-488-7386 or go to thetrevorproject.org.

We are not legal experts but from what we know if you were to leave without your mom’s permission she could file a runaway report. Running away is not illegal, but if police find you they could take you back home. You mentioned that your girlfriend’s mom would be willing to take you in, so you could try talking to your mom about living somewhere else. If you were interested we can help you talk to your mom by doing a conference call with both of you on the line. If you wanted to file a child abuse report and have Child Protective Services involved you could call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453.

If you want to talk more about your situation or explore options you can call or chat us at 1-800-786-2929, www.1800runaway.org.

Best,

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X